Dr Gedis Grudzinskas conducts the clinical and surgical activities as a Consultant in Infertility and Gynaecology. He offers a very personalized fertility treatment service for both women and men who are concerned about their fertility and are looking for help to establish the cause of their infertility, which treatment options are available and which is the most appropriate treatment for them. All patients need time and mature guidance; those with particular difficulties may require more time, which he is able to provide exclusively, backed by sound experience.
He professionally advise/treat patients who require IVF, ICSI, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis and endoscopic/keyhole surgery. This may be achieved by:
- Assisting couples and individuals who are still childless after IVF, is considered to be a specific area of his expertise.
- His national and international experience which enables him to assist women who require donor oocytes/eggs either from UK or abroad including Crete and Spain.
- The maintenance and enhancement of reproductive health in both women and men. This aspect is of special interest to him, as well as the prevention of infertility and the preservation of fertility in women whose ovarian function may be damaged by cancer treatment. These treatment strategies are based on the latest advances in cryobiology, namely the technique of oocyte/egg vitrification.
- As an honorary consultant in Gynaecology at St George's Hospital and a member of the steering committee of PreFer(Preservation of Fertility), the PreFer programme will soon announce the provision of ovarian tissue freezing at St George's Hospital, London, a clinical service, conducted in partnership with Danish colleagues from Copenhagen who are amongst the world leaders in the provision of this service.
- The long established technique of sperm cryopreservation/freezing is available for both medical and personal reasons.